2 Ways to Use Multiple Apple IDs on iPhone and Switch Between Them
Unlike Android, Apple doesn’t offer a direct method to switch and use multiple accounts (iCloud accounts) on their iPhone. However, we have just the trick you need to easily use multiple Apple IDs on iPhone and switch between them. Follow this quick read to achieve the same.
Also, Read | 4 Best Ways to Connect iPhone to Windows 11 PC
Ways to Use Multiple Apple IDs on iPhone and Switch Between Them
Manually Sign Out and Sign in with a Different Apple ID on iPhone
Table of Contents
The first method to use multiple Apple IDs on a single iPhone device is to manually sign out of one Apple account and sign back in with another. While doing so, you will also have the option to merge certain data between both the Apple accounts for your convenience. Follow these steps to achieve the same.
- Open the Settings app on your iPhone.
- Tap on your Apple ID name at the top (Apple ID banner).
- Scroll down to find the option to Sign Out and tap on it.
- If you have ‘Find my iPhone‘ enabled on your device, you will be prompted to enter the password for the current Apple account to turn it off.
- On the next page, you can decide to keep a copy of certain data locally on your iPhone after signing out of the Apple account. You can keep a copy of data such as contacts, health, keychain, and Safari.
- Tap on the Sign Out button to sign out of the current Apple account.
- Now, tap on the Sign in to your iPhone option at the top again to sign back in with a different Apple ID on the same iPhone.
- Enter the required Apple ID credentials.
- After successful signup, you will also have the option to merge your local contacts with the Apple ID that you just used to sign in.
- That’s it. You’ve successfully switched to a different Apple ID on the same iPhone.
Add Multiple iCloud Accounts to Apps to Easily View and Switch Data
If you don’t wish to entirely sign out of your existing Apple ID on your iPhone but still want to view the data of a different iCloud/Apple account using the same device, then you can achieve it using this working trick. Using this method, you can easily add multiple iCloud accounts to native iPhone apps such as Mail, Contacts, Calendar, Notes, and Reminders to view the associated data.
- Open the Settings app on your iPhone.
- Scroll down to locate the native iPhone apps such as Mail, Contacts, Calendar, Notes, and Reminders and tap on any of them to open it.
- Next, tap on the Accounts option.
- Locate and press the Add Account option.
- Next, tap on the iCloud option to sign in with your Apple ID.
- Enter your iCloud credentials.
- You can also merge your contacts with the iCloud account by tapping on the Merge button.
- That’s it. You’ve successfully added multiple iCloud accounts to your iPhone. You can easily switch between any of the accounts to view its data on the app.
Frequently Asked Questions (F.A.Qs)
Q. Will you lose your data such as Photos and Videos when you Switch to a different Apple account?
No, if you use your iCloud account to save photos and videos, it will always be securely present on your Apple account.
Q. Can you keep a copy of certain data on your iPhone even after being signed out?
Yes, Apple allows you to keep a copy of certain data on your iPhone such as Calendars, Contacts, Health, Keychain, Safari, and Stocks.
Q. What happens to your Apps and Purchases? Will they be transferred to the switched account?
Unfortunately no. The apps and purchases linked to one Apple account can not be transferred to any other Apple account.
Q. Can I Restore my Data again if I accidentally lose it while switching?
Yes. If you use iCloud to save and sync your data, you will be able to easily restore it.
Wrapping Up: Switch between Multiple Accounts on iPhone
We hope that you’ve now learned to easily add and switch between multiple Apple accounts on your iPhone using the above-listed methods. If this guide has helped you to achieve the same, then hit the Like button and share this read among your friends to help them as well. Stay tuned for more iOS troubleshooting reads.
You can also follow us for instant tech news at Google News or for tips and tricks, smartphones & gadgets reviews, join GadgetsToUse Telegram Group or for the latest review videos subscribe GadgetsToUse Youtube Channel.